Shop with Amazon Smile & support KBRW!
- Joe 'the Waterman' Shults dies in UtqiagvikA local personality and keeper of history passed away last week in Utqiaġvik.
- Alaska is trying to slice some land out of ANWRThe state's current dispute over the boundary of the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge, a place believed to have huge oil deposits, is partly based on a pilot for a defunct airline who came to believe long ago the U.S. government was enforcing an incorrect border.
- Governor declares disaster for opioid abuseOpioid abuse has been on the rise in Alaska over the last several years, with heroin-related deaths more than quadrupling since 2009.
- North Slope school board seeks candidates for open seatThere is an open seat on the North Slope Borough School District Board of Education.
- 'I Am Inuit' exhibit opens at Anchorage MuseumFor residents of the North Slope and Northwest Arctic, photographer Brian Adams walking around a village with camera in hand is not an unfamiliar sight.