Conference committee passes House oil and gas tax bill, Seaton urges Walker to veto; DOC investigation shows inmate died from drug overdose; new national project focusing on race in schools begins in Anchorage; record rainfall leads to flooding in Anchorage; cruise ship Infinity heads for repairs after crashing into Ketchikan dock; these sailing drones can teach us about life in the Bering Sea; woman dies in rafting accident near Valdez; UAF Looking To Expand HAARP Potential;
- Fire burns more than 3,000 acres near KobukNo injuries, structural damage reported in Warren Creek blaze
- Arctic communities would benefit from PFD voter registrationFar too often, it seems that Alaska has forgotten the voice of the Arctic. Our state takes resources from rural areas, especially the North, but too often government systems and programs are designed for the Railbelt — not for rural Alaska. We need to make sure that the Alaska government hears us and works for […]
- NSB assembly talks child advocacy, whale scienceReorganization, science, and advocacy were on the table at the regular North Slope Borough Assembly meeting Tuesday night in Barrow.
- Point Hope celebrates the gift of the whaleCommunity spends three days together for Qagruq
- WHO DONE' ITLucy Mae Leavitt, 43, of Barrow, pleaded guilty to the class A misdemeanor of driving under the influence with a blood alcohol content of .08 percent or higher and reached a plea agreement with the court. She was sentenced to 60 days in jail with all 60 days suspended and must pay a police training […]