Shop with Amazon Smile & support KBRW!
- Stable tax policies and a balanced fiscal plan are foundations for a strong AlaskaAlaska is at a tipping point and Alaskans have a choice to make: Either keep Alaska competitive and fix our fiscal crisis or continue down a path that ends in a failed economy.
- Rearden's message offers wisdom about salmon protection, resource developmentIn much of rural Alaska, Elders are honored for their lifetime of knowledge. Most of the time, however, that knowledge is shared only with a circle of people directly around these Elders. So when an Elder passes who is also a writer, it is an opportunity to reflect on their observations of Alaska. Such is […]
- Cold War inspired first launch from Poker FlatWhen they launch, the four rockets now pointed northward from Poker Flat Research Range will add to the 345 that have arced over northern Alaska during the past 48 years. Recently, Chuck Deehr remembered number one.
- Governor declares statewide disaster for opioid abuseOpioid abuse has been on the rise in Alaska over the last several years, with heroin-related deaths more than quadrupling since 2009.
- Joe 'the Waterman' Shults dies in UtqiagvikLocal collector spent decades preserving northern history