Scenes from Kivgiq 2015
- Authorities release Nome port draft reportMost economically feasible site selected for northern port facility
- Search-and-rescue teams have busy weekSearch and rescue teams in Northwestern Alaska were busy over the last week with several reports of missing and overdue travelers.
- Tracking yearly flood into the Gulf of AlaskaMountains and rainforests of southern Alaska dump a lot of water into the ocean
- Whalers hold onto top spot in 3A ABC pollThe Barrow High School Whalers held onto the top spot in the latest Class 3A polls, according to the Alaska Basketball Coaches poll.
- Noorvik Lady Bears continue late-season pushWith its roster getting healthy, the Noorvik Lady Bears are doing exactly what they thought they would be this season - winning on the court.
- Lady Whalers sweep two from Nome-BeltzThe Barrow High School Lady Whalers had a little trouble with the Nome-Beltz Lady Nanooks on Saturday afternoon. About six minutes worth, to be exact.
- Whalers clinch No. 1 seed with sweep of Nome-BeltzThe Barrow High School Whalers wrapped up the No. 1 seed in the upcoming Western Conference tournament with a pair of wins over the Nome-Beltz Nanooks in front of a large crowd in the Barrow gym.
- Kotzebue girls and boys teams split games with GalenaThe Kotzebue High School Lady Huskies suffered a pair of tough losses to the Galena Lady Hawks in non-conference action in Galena.
- Top seed within reach for LynxThe Noatak Lynx are just 32 minutes away from East Street. Or, at least, the easiest road to the Northwest Arctic Conference championship - and a possible trip to the Class 1A state tournament.
- Lady Huskies head into finaleThe Kotzebue Lady Huskies, by all accounts, have played well this season as they reload with a young team