Lawmakers May Gavel Out; Law Enforcement Battles Bootlegging In YK Delta; Anchorage Nepalese Community Reacts To Quake; BOEM Explains Arctic Oil Spill Risk Estimate; Trident To Open New Fishmeal Plant In Naknek; Strong Tourist Season Is Forecast For Alaska; House Bill 147 Gives Pets Special Legal Considerations.
Inside a thick government report on the impact of off-shore oil leasing in the Chukchi Sea is a phrase that grabs the attention. It says there's "75% chance of one or more large spills." Today, the Bureau of Ocean Energy Management put out a fact sheet to clarify what it means by that 75 percent figure.
Scenes from Kivgiq 2015
- Fischer murder trial set for AugustLawyer building 'heat of passion' defense in 2014 shooting death of assistant district attorney
- Arctic delegation offers insight at Maine collegeRepresentatives from the Arctic Marine Mammal Coalition went the distance earlier this month and landed at Bowdoin College's Peary-MacMillan Arctic Museum and Arctic Studies Center in Maine for a chance to share ideas and insight.
- Kotzebue cheerleaders take 2nd in stateHuskies rapidly turn their once-dwindling program into an Alaska powerhouse
- Four things parents can do to prepare their children for financial successWhen was the last time you thought about money? Chances are, it was probably today, since most adults deal with money — in one way or another — on a daily basis. We pay bills and buy groceries. We consider money when weighing job opportunities, determining where we'll live, and when, or for some, if, […]
- Right to a jury trial marks 800 yearsThis year is the 800th anniversary of an English document called the "Magna Carta" (or, Great Charter).
- Passing on traditions through overland travelOver thousands of years, the IÃƒ±upiat of Northwest Alaska have become experts at traveling by land and water. In modern times, motorboats and snowmachines allow local people to travel faster. However, despite many changes, the traditional routes of travel and the sharing of knowledge have remained the same. Recently, a school group from Kotzebue worked […]
- Who' done 'itKotzebue
- Barrow receives National Park Service grant to protect gravesArctic Sounder
- 15 Years Ago in the Arctic SounderPoint Hope fights domestic violence
- Acoustic Accents celebrates two decades on the airPublic radio show's creator hopes popularity will help keep music flowing through uncertain future