Wade Hampton Census Area Gets A New Name; Coast Guard Cutter Sherman Returns To Port To Address Engine Trouble; Computers Aid Firefighting Efforts; State Fish And Game Officials Warn Of 'Rabbit Fever' Outbreak; Haines Assembly Approves Lower Cruise Ship Moorage Fees; UAF Addresses Water Quality Concerns; AK: Seward's Mount Marathon Race Hits The Century Mark
Scenes from Kivgiq 2015
- Barrow residents rally against drug problemKnown drug dealers given 'blue ticket,' told to leave town
- Arctic business alliance formsIn an effort to protect resources and create a more influential common voice in the Arctic, three of the top-grossing Native corporations have joined forces to form a business partnership that will provide solidity among the regions in the face of increased activity in the North.
- Whalers ranked third in preseason football pollBarrow among nine schools ranked among top teams in new small-school division
- Mosquito Haven half marathon set for Aug. 1Runners from throughout Northwest Alaska will get a chance to test their running skills on Saturday, Aug. 1 when the 11th Annual Mosquito Haven Half Marathon is held in Kotzebue. The event will be a 13.1-mile race from town via the Loop Road.
- Youth leaders bring strong voices to D.C.Northwest Arctic students have meaningful discussions with politicians and officials about issues affecting region
- Shell rigs move northCompany still waiting for final permit, not allowed to drill two holes 9 miles apart
- Alaska State Troopers reportOn June 25, troopers in Selawik arrested Edwin D. Ballot, 28, of Selawik, on two outstanding arrest warrants issued on charges of first-degree robbery, third-degree assault, second-degree sexual abuse of a minor, and fourth-degree assault. Ballot was transported to Kotzebue Jail and held on no bail.
- Who' done 'itOn June 22, Naja Russell, 28, was found to have violated conditions of probation. She was ordered to submit proof of completion of alcohol treatment and was ordered to serve 10 days in jail with credit for time served. She was ordered to pay a surcharge. All other terms and conditions of probation in the […]
- In BriefAlaska Department of Transportation to hold public meeting
- 15 Years Ago in the Arctic SounderHeritage center awarded $1 million grant