After weeks of an impasse, House Republicans have a new message for Democrats: Take our latest budget package, or we’ll go around you. Download Audio:
Alaskans express their frustration at the legislature about education funding through song. Download Audio:
The Fairbanks North Star Borough is holding a public meeting Wednesday on proposed rules for marijuana businesses. Download Audio:
Busting drug dealers, sex traffickers and prostitutes is a tough job. Recently retired Sergeant Kathy Lacey did that dangerous work for 20 years as the head of Anchorage Police Department's undercover vice unit. Lacey says when she first started in law enforcement, prostitution and drug crimes were more visible, out on the street. Now though, she says trafficking is more covert. Download Audio:
Scenes from Kivgiq 2015
- Alaska ranked third in U.S. for illicit drug useSurprisingly, tobacco and drug use don't appear to go hand in hand, substance abuse study finds
- Kotzebue Grille finds home at FECCity moves location back to old bowling alley after plans with local restaurant fall through
- Technical school grads find world of possibilities81 graduate from Alaska Technical Center in Kotzebue
- Students create ice rink in Anaktuvuk PassEvery Thursday, fire chief Gordon sprays the area with water to keep rink ice thick
- Paannaq Program recognizedCommunitas Award given for community service and corporate social responsibility
- Alaska Technical Center offers thanks for supportI would like to thank our communities for your support of the Alaska Technical Center's students throughout the years.
- End of school year doesn't slow Shungnak's 'It's a We' campaignShungnak's zest for community togetherness hasn't lost steam, even though students will soon be off for the summer.
- Noorvik man faces 5 felony charges after April attackA Noorvik man made his first court appearances this week on five felony charges stemming from an alleged attack in April in the small community.
- In BriefTruGame camp set for June 15-21 at UAA
- 15 Years Ago in the Arctic SounderDistrict gets new superintendent