KBRW Annual Raffle is on!!
Shop with Amazon Smile & support KBRW!
- Eight months later, village still seeks answers in fatal snowmachine crashNo charges have been filed yet, community awaits resolution to case
- Kotzebue voters decide to keep liquor storeCommunity rejects proposal to change existing local option
- Court overturns election resultsIncumbent Rep. Benjamin Nageak has been named the winner of the House District 40 primary election, according to a decision issued by Superior Court Judge Andrew Guidi on Oct. 6, which hangs on irregularities in the Shungnak precinct.
- Walruses emerge near Point Lay, though later than in past yearsPacific walruses have started to gather on an Arctic beach in Northwest Alaska, continuing what has become a near-annual ritual for the animals living in a habitat that is losing its summer and fall sea ice.
- Noorvik man sentenced to prison for sexual assaultA Noorvik man will spend more than four years in prison for a series of offenses committed in Kotzebue and Anchorage over the last three years.